All The Hype

Monday, May 23, 2011

The Rainbow in the Clouds

The rainbow appears when we have most reason to fear the rain prevailing; God then shows this seal of the promise, that it shall not prevail. The thicker the cloud, the brighter the bow in the cloud. Thus, as threatening afflictions abound, encouraging consolations much more abound. The rainbow is the reflection of the beams of the sun shining upon or through the drops of rain: all the glory of the seals of the covenant are derived from Christ, the Sun of righteousness. And he will shed a glory on the tears of his saints.*

Yesterday evening while in Winamac (celebrating Alicia's completion of high school!), a huge storm came through.  Several of us stood outside watching the storm brew and standing in the midst of it while it greeted us with its powerful presence.  To experience things like this is a marvelous reminder of the power of God. 

I saw a miraculous thing yesterday. It may mean little to my readers but to me it was momentous.  I have been praying for a rainbow for some time.  I have experienced a few since, and although they are all beautiful, I've never seen anything like this one in my life.  I want to record this and share some photos. 










I'm so thankful to serve and know the God of all creation, who creates such beautiful things and blesses us by allowing us to experience his beauty through them. 

*Excerpt from commentary by Matthew Henry on Genesis 9:8-17.

No comments: