All The Hype

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Little Something on God's Sovereignty

"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it."
Isaiah 55:10-11


Today I find comfort by remembering that God's mighty hand is the one which will bring forth all of the details that he has mapped out for my life. It's easy to become discouraged when we have certan ideas that don't work out. But we can rest that no matter what, whatever it is that GOD plans, it will be accomplished. Thankful for peace and rest in the sovereignty of our Creator.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

The beginning of that verse immediately made me think of John Piper's chapter on rain in Taste and See. :)